The Players presents Night of the Living Dead
Larry Pearlman passes away; community mourns the loss of a beloved citizen
Bill seeks to make idling car legal in KY
Kaitlyn Epperson of PCC places 2nd overall in KY Regional Braille Challenge
Hazard’s teenage weatherman recognized by Gov. Bevin
- The Players presents Night of the Living Dead - 3:46 pm
- Larry Pearlman passes away; community mourns the loss of a beloved citizen - 10:46 am updated: 3:19 pm.
- HCTC Celebrating National Career and Technical Education Month - 5:15 pm
- HCTC offers mining classes - 5:13 pm
- Bill seeks to make idling car legal in KY - 9:40 am
- Kaitlyn Epperson of PCC places 2nd overall in KY Regional Braille Challenge - 8:03 am updated: 8:11 am.
- KY Power grant to support students - 3:55 pm
- Hazard’s teenage weatherman recognized by Gov. Bevin - 12:10 pm
- Update: Bill to require smoking cessation coverage with KY insurance plans - 10:23 am
- A bill up for vote in KY House of Reps. seeks to repeal Common Core - 2:58 pm
- Hwy. 15 construction expands into Bonnyman - 9:17 am updated: 9:34 am.
- Gov. Bevin Joins in Filing Amicus Brief in Second Amendment Case Before Supreme Court - 3:26 pm
- Grimes Makes Official Kentucky Voter Turnout in 2016 Presidential Election - 3:22 pm
- Emergency road aid funds announced for slip repairs in Perry County - 2:34 pm
- Bill to protect officers passes - 12:46 pm
- Hazard ranks in Top 10 best city to retire in Kentucky - 12:34 pm
- Handmade in Hindman event attract artists - 12:13 pm
- Skills USA attracts Area Technology Centers - 11:50 am
- HCTC success story: Crystal Haddix - 11:32 am updated: 11:46 am.
- Sen. Turner meets with KVEC - 11:16 am
- Oneida man arrested on drug charges - 10:18 am
- Perry County citizens plan events to help Hope House - 9:15 am updated: 1:26 pm.
- Boil water advisory issued for Woodland Park - 3:25 pm
- Legislation in KY House of Reps seeks to regulate power bills - 8:54 am updated: 8:58 am.
- HPD ask public’s help in locating missing person - 12:36 pm
A bill up for vote in KY House of Reps. seeks to repeal Common Core
FRANKFORT — A comprehensive piece of legislation was received Feb. 21 on the Kentucky House of Representatives floor. Senate Bill 1 focuses on a...
Hwy. 15 construction expands into Bonnyman
BONNYMAN — Road construction to broaden Hwy. 15 near Hazard has expanded. On Feb. 21, the road crew began shifting traffic patterns on Hwy. 15 b...
Gov. Bevin Joins in Filing Amicus Brief in Second Amendment Case Before Supreme Court
FRANKFORT – Gov. Matt Bevin has joined with 25 other states in filing an amicus brief in Peruta v. San Diego County, an important Second Amendme...
Grimes Makes Official Kentucky Voter Turnout in 2016 Presidential Election
FRANKFORT – Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes confirmedTuesday nearly 60 percent of Kentucky voters cast ballots in last November’...
Emergency road aid funds announced for slip repairs in Perry County
FRANKFORT – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) announced today that $13,000 in Rural Secondary Road Aid emergency funds will be used for...
Bill to protect officers passes
FRANKFORT — The Kentucky House of Representatives has voted in favor of House Bill 14, also known as the “Blue Lives Matter” bill. T...
Lady Commodores advance with win over Lady Wildcats
The Perry County Central Lady Commodores and the Buckhorn Lady Wildcats kicked off the 2017 54th district tournament. The Lady Commodores won the only...
Buckhorn rolls past OBI on senior night
Last week, the Buckhorn Wildcats celebrated senior night by hosting the Oneida Baptist Mountaineers. The Wildcats came out strong, built a large lead,...
Wildcats scratch Lions on road
Last week, the Buckhorn Wildcats traveled to Hindman to take on the Cordia Lions. The Wildcats fell to the Lions 76-66 in the finals of the 14th regio...
Bulldogs drop two to end regular season
The Hazard Bulldogs played a pair of games in the final week of the regular season. The Bulldogs went on the road to take on the Letcher Central Couga...
Bulldogs run past Tigers
Last week, the Hazard Bulldogs traveled to Jackson to take on the Jackson City Tigers. The Bulldogs left no doubt as to the outcome of the game as the...
Lady Commodores leave Lady Cavaliers in their wake
The Perry County Central Lady Commodores concluded their regular season with the Jenkins Lady Cavaliers. The game was close in the first half, with th...
Message of Grace ( Continued)
I would lay it down fully and broadly, that a true Christian, a converted man, may reach that comfortable degree of faith in Christ, that in general h...
Scripture gives a message of grace
By J.C. Ryle“I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I hav...
Mennonite ChoirOn Feb. 12 at 11 a.m., the Mennonite Choir, consisting of 51 members, will be singing at Petrey memorial. Petrey is located on 141 Alto...
The Beatitudes Conclusion
Observe carefully and you will see that each one rises above those which precede it. The first Beatitude is by no meansso elevated as the third, nor t...
HHS Open HouseHazard High School will have Open House on Wednesday, February 15 from 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. at the school. Parents may pick up midterm ...
Memorial ServiceThere will be a Memorial Service for Fr. Rock Travnikar, O.F.M. on Saturday, January 28, at 4 p.m., at Mother of Good Counsel Church i...
Two Tobacco-Related Bills Are Disease-Prevention Bills
If Kentuckians want to quit smoking, we should help them. We should remove roadblocks that make it harder for them to get the treatment they need to q...
Optimism in the Commonwealth
Last week, I spoke before the General Assembly and a live KET audience to deliver the State of the Commonwealth Address. If you missed the speech, you...
Will the Real Donald Trump Please Stand Up?
Last week President Donald Trump spoke to the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, D.C., as his predecessors have consistently done since 1953. Ca...
It’s 1984 in Trumplandia
Tromp-tromp-tromp — troops are marching to battles. Boom-boom-boom — bombs are blowing up communities. Whoooosh — poisonous gas is b...
Why Cancer Screenings Matter
I look at cancer screenings in two important ways.As a health care executive, who has spent much of my career studying the data on quality health outc...
Kentuckians need barrier-free access to quit smoking for good
In Kentucky, you don’t have to look far to see the negative impacts of smoking. With more than a quarter of Kentuckians regularly lighting up, w...