Local officers honored in Lexington
No Sunday alcohol sales for Vicco
Danny Rose passes away
New addition to Harmony House Bed and Breakfast
Search leads to arrests on Combs Rd.
- Local officers honored in Lexington - 12:25 pm updated: 12:44 pm.
- No Sunday alcohol sales for Vicco - 1:30 pm
- Danny Rose passes away - 10:06 pm updated: 10:16 pm.
- Kentucky’s jobless rate drops to 5 percent in June 2016 - 4:34 pm
- Attorney General Beshear Provides $700,000 to Necco - 4:26 pm
- Beshear Takes Further Action Against Georgetown Cemetery Owner - 4:19 pm
- Conference Addresses Growing Concern of Viral Hepatitis - 4:17 pm
- HCTC nursing grad praises teaching - 4:12 pm
- Songwriting class offered online through HCTC - 4:07 pm
- Statement from Enroll America on Medicaid Proposal in Kentucky - 4:00 pm
- City Comm. monthly meeting agenda - 2:11 pm
- New addition to Harmony House Bed and Breakfast - 2:02 pm
- Compassion Experience coming to Hazard - 2:02 pm
- Search leads to arrests on Combs Rd. - 1:39 pm
- New program for diabetes at Primary Care - 1:09 pm
- HPD is asking public’s help in identifying suspects - 12:29 pm
- Board in place for Riverside Cemetery - 12:14 pm updated: 2:22 pm.
- Court Reports - 11:56 am
- American Osteopathic Association installs Boyd R. Buser, D.O., as 120th president - 11:03 am
- Two-vehicle collision kills 1, injuries another - 10:44 am
- Hwy 15 construction starts July 25 - 10:41 am
- Big Sandy Small Business Expo Set for Aug. 19 at Jenny Wiley - 4:26 pm
- HCTC student says college experience was life changing - 4:16 pm
- Mountain Community Pharmacy holds grand opening - 4:02 pm
- “Pokemon Go” Attracting Kentucky State Park Visitors - 3:54 pm
- UPIKE-KYCO faculty certified preceptor for laser certification - 2:12 pm
- Local couple helps cemetery - 1:12 pm updated: 1:15 pm.
- Wanted fugitive caught - 12:23 pm
- Update on Hardburly mudslide - 12:20 pm updated: 12:23 pm.
- Fort Br. water project begins - 11:33 am
- Court Reports - 11:27 am
- New faces join Rockin’ Robo Hornets - 10:49 am
- Whayne Supply lays off 87 employees - 10:09 am
- HCTC awarded $250k grant for telemedicine training - 9:40 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- HDA expands access to low energy costs - 4:08 pm
- Perry School Board monthly meeting - 2:51 pm
- PCC gets grant for cafeteria - 2:23 pm updated: 2:30 pm.
- Fiscal Court places workers on furlough - 3:40 pm
- Deputy Jailer: Woman tried to sneak drugs into jail - 2:03 pm
- Breathitt votes “yes” to alcohol - 3:23 pm
- Vicco Council considers Sunday alcohol - 1:00 pm updated: 4:20 pm.
- Vicco cop vehicle burns - 2:47 pm
- Facebook group helps local cemetery - 2:09 pm
- Lawmakers discuss pros and cons of medical marijuana - 2:07 pm
- Second Chance Mission has served more than 600 families since opening - 1:29 pm
- Proposed bill would give back to volunteer firefighters - 1:25 pm
- HCTC Nursing Program Success story: Dr. Fran Feltner - 12:59 pm
- HCTC honored for Lineman Program - 12:52 pm
- New voice forecasting the weather for The Killer B - 11:29 am
Statement from Enroll America on Medicaid Proposal in Kentucky
WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Jennifer Sullivan, Director of the Best Practices Institute at Enroll America, issued the following statement about the ...
City Comm. monthly meeting agenda
HAZARD — The regular monthly meeting for the Hazard City Commission occurred July 18 with these items on the agenda:Approval of the minutes from...
New addition to Harmony House Bed and Breakfast
HAZARD — A ribbon cutting ceremony was held for the unveiling of a Little Free Library located at Harmony House Bed and Breakfast in Hazard on W...
Compassion Experience coming to Hazard
HAZARD — Compassion International, which is an organization devoted to releasing children from poverty globally, is bringing “The Compassi...
New program for diabetes at Primary Care
HAZARD — Primary Care Centers of Eastern Kentucky has announced that their Diabetes Center of Excellence is now utilizing Welkin’s advance...
Wildcats look to improve on winless season
The Buckhorn Wildcat soccer team will look to improve on last year’s 0-13 season. The Wildcats scored but one goal last season while giving up 1...
Bulldogs looking to move further through playoffs
The Hazard Bulldog football team finished last season with a 10-3 record, bowing out in the third round of the state playoffs. Anything less than a st...
Perry Central reloads for playoff run
The Perry County Central boys’ soccer team went 18-3 last season, and went to the “Elite Eight’ of the state playoffs. The Commodore...
Commodores an unknown going into the season
The Perry County Central Commodores finished last season with a disappointing 2-8 record, and failed to make the playoffs. The Commodores underwent ye...
In last week’s edition of The Hazard Herald, we erroneously wrote Madisyn Farler’s last name as Dixion.Farler was the National Runner up i...
Esports Vision Science Academy held at UPIKE
PIKEVILLE – Area middle and high school students sharpened their technology skills and learned about the science of vision in a setting centered...
Some glorious things that do not save or help to save
A.) Salvation is not in a name, be it the glorious name of JESUS, but there is NO salvation apart from the Man whom the angel of the Lord named JESUS ...
MC Napier Class ReunionClasses 1980-1995. Friday July 29th 6-11p.m. Paintsville Ramada Inn. Please join Facebook page: MC Napier Reunion Classes ̵...
Election and The Gospel
Election unto salvation, rather than abolishing second causes, establishes them, and magnifies the Lord thereby. God, Who chose His people before the ...
Class of 76 reunionThe Hazard High School Class of 1976 will be having their 4oth-ish class reunion at the Hazard Country Club on July 16 staring at 7...
Anniversary Fellowship MeetingBible Baptist Church will celebrate their 44th anniversary on July 11-12. For transportation or more information, please...
Paul Ryan’s Hot New Idea: More Rank Corporate Giveaways
Attention people, there’s big news out of Washington: Paul Ryan, the Republican speaker of the House, has announced that he has an idea!This is ...
More Chobani Capitalism, Please
This spring, Hamdi Ulukaya — the CEO of the Chobani yogurt company — did something remarkable. He gave his workers a 10 percent ownership ...
The Truth About Socialism: The Venezuelan Disaster
Many Millennials are finding socialism attractive—at least as presented by Bernie Sanders. This is perplexing because there is ample and dramati...
July 4th gives us a moment to reflect on our country
The Fourth of July gives us all a chance to reflect on our country and to take pride in our nation’s enduring principles. It is the day on which...
We must work together and pull together as one MSU family
It’s no secret that an affordable college education gives students a leg up in life by providing the skills that many of them who come from Kent...
Hiroshima: Obama vs. Truman
President Obama’s address at Hiroshima, Japan on May 27 provides us with a good opportunity to examine his foreign policy attitude and contrast ...