Controversy surrounds house fire
Corbin artist’s second Black Gold
Candidate spotlight; Doug Campbell
One cop’s kindness
Fiscal Court meeting
- Controversy surrounds house fire - 1:27 pm updated: 1:40 pm.
- Student Senate leads Appalachian Renaissance Initiative - 1:24 pm
- Correction - 8:30 am
- Scenes from Black Gold 2016 - 5:29 pm updated: 5:29 pm.
- The Big Dip Redux volunteer project draws volunteers concerned about water quality - 4:25 pm
- Keila Miller is HCTC’s new Workforce Solutions Director - 4:19 pm
- HCTC’s first CDL graduating class - 4:17 pm
- Corbin artist’s second Black Gold - 2:32 pm
- Candidate spotlight; Doug Campbell - 2:15 pm updated: 3:32 pm.
- Community Choir seeks members - 1:29 pm
- One cop’s kindness - 1:28 pm
- Perry turns gold for child cancers - 1:17 pm
- Fiscal Court meeting - 12:39 pm
- Woman charged with animal cruelty - 10:37 am
- ARH’s web-services return to normal - 10:37 am
- Black Gold Parade - 10:27 am
- 2 wrecks; 2 fatalities - 12:17 pm updated: 11:02 am.
- Rewarding Failure - 3:09 pm
- Bridge dedicated to local couple - 2:48 pm
- Mayor Proclaims September National Recovery Month - 2:23 pm
- Teen charged with attempted murder - 1:37 pm
- Results of EKY work study released - 1:36 pm
- Court Reports - 12:26 pm
- No Sunday alcohol in Perry - 12:25 pm
- Rotary gets grant for Imagination Library - 9:35 am
- Paranormal events Saturday in Vicco - 9:32 am
- Goodyear Blimp flies over Perry County - 11:09 am
- Cash Express honors Perry County first responders - 12:45 pm
- Law enforcement honored by festival - 9:45 am updated: 9:45 am.
- Day promoted to Captain - 2:58 pm
- Sandlin promoted to KSP #9 Captain - 2:36 pm
- Vicco Bash goes on; fireworks cancelled - 1:21 pm
- Eastern Kentucky Economic Development Summit set for Sept. 13 - 1:15 pm
- Fed Bank president visits Hazard - 1:06 pm
- Computer virus shuts down ARH’s web-services - 12:54 pm
- HCTC student nominated for IBMA’s Bluegrass Broadcaster of the Year award - 12:42 pm
- HCTC music students win contest; open for Sammy Kershaw - 12:35 pm
- KRCC filmmakers focus on recovery - 11:56 am
- HCTC Associate Degree Nursing Program Pre-Admission Conference Schedule - 11:33 am
- KY 267 will be closed Sept. 23-24 - 11:12 am
- Meeting held to plan homeless veterans facility - 9:35 am
- Beshear Secures $2 Million to Cut Judicial Backlog, Generate Savings to Local County Jails - 4:37 pm
- Perry County 4-H’ers Score at the Kentucky State Fair - 4:16 pm
- ARC awards EKCEP $2.75M in POWER Funds to Develop Tech Ecosystem in Eastern Kentucky - 3:36 pm
- Correction - 2:52 pm
- Call for volunteers to help clear Greenway - 2:47 pm
- Pool closes early for season - 2:27 pm
- Newman indicted on attempted murder charge - 1:53 pm
- State Rep. candidates in general election - 1:33 pm
- Unemployment rates down in 93 KY counties in July - 12:51 pm
Community Choir seeks members
HAZARD — A community choir is being formed for citizens in Hazard and Perry County to promote and preserve choral singing in our area. The first...
One cop’s kindness
HAZARD — A Hazard police officer is credited with going above and beyond the call to bring comfort to a distraught child during the Black Gold F...
Perry turns gold for child cancers
HAZARD — September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Surprisingly, childhood cancers receive very little recognition in terms of awareness ef...
Fiscal Court meeting
HAZARD — The Perry County Fiscal Court met on Sept. 13 to vote on several different agenda items. Judge Exec. Scott Alexander was present for th...
Woman charged with animal cruelty
VIPER — The Perry County Sheriff’s Office say a complaint of two dogs not being cared for led to the arrest of one Perry County woman on a...
ARH’s web-services return to normal
HAZARD — Late last month a computer virus shut down Appalachian Regional Healthcare’s (ARH) web-services in its Kentucky and West Virginia...
Hazard wins district match up over Leslie
The Hazard volleyball team (7-6) traveled to Hyden late last week to take on the Leslie County Lady Eagles (12-3). The Lady Bulldogs have been picking...
Lady Dawgs maul Lady Owls
Early last week, the Hazard volleyball team hosted the Lady Owls of Owsley County. The Lady Bulldogs made quick work of the Lady Owls, downing them 2-...
Perry Central keeps unblemished record in Black Gold Cup
The Hazard Bulldogs hosted the Perry County Central Commodores in this year’s Black Gold Cup. The Commodores have never lost a Black Gold Cup, o...
Commodores fall to Indians
The Perry County Central football team hosted the winless Montgomery County Indians on Friday. Both teams were looking to get on the winning track.Per...
Hazard back on winning track
After dropping a hard game to Somerset last week, the Hazard Bulldog football team looked to get back on track with a win over Prestonsburg. Despite g...
The Deceitfullness Of Pride
Pride in a man’s heart is a seed bed which produces many a foul fruit. I will mention a few: “Arrogance,” (Proverbs 8:13), “Co...
Napier-Pollard ReunionThe 27th annual Napier-Pollard Reunion will be held on Saturday, September 10 at Perry County Park Senior Citizen Building from ...
Rapture of The Saints
MEETING THE LORD IN THE AIRA great measure of harmony prevails between the pre-trib and post-trib views as to meeting Christ in the air. Both schools ...
Retired Teachers MeetingThere will be a Retired Teachers Meeting at the New Hope Christian Center, Sept. 1 at 1:30 p.m. All retired teachers are urged...
Courtesy photoDalena Webb of Hazard, KY, and Chris Scaglione of Bronx, NY, were wed July 5, 2016, at the Caroline County Circuit Court in Denton, Mary...
Full Assurance of Faith
In the tenth chapter of the Epistle to the Hebrews, verses 19 to 22, are found the words which we will consider together as the theme of this present ...
Local police are helpful, caring
Dear Editor,I just want to respond to all the bad press the police are getting. Am I the only one who thinks the victims are not innocent? I am sure t...
Overregulation is killing Kentucky jobs
You can’t be a friend of Hillary Clinton and a friend of job creation in Kentucky. Any jobs plan for Kentucky would necessarily include repeal o...
Keen and Constant Vigilance
What a jewel we have in the Waterfront Park! This summer, I visited it frequently with my grandchildren, Maya age 7 and Tyson age 5. The Adventure Pla...
Once-Broken Senate is Working Again
After years of gridlock in our nation’s capital, in 2014 the voters chose to end the dysfunction in Washington by electing a Republican Senate. ...
Invest in a young person this year by serving as a mentor
Around the country children of all ages are soaking up the last days of summer, looking, or perhaps not looking forward to the beginning of another sc...