LOUISVILLE— The Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky is now accepting nominations for our Board of Directors and Community Advisory Committee (CAC). The deadline for submissions is July 24, 2015. The 15 member Board and 31 member CAC are the Foundation’s governing and advisory bodies. In this particular call for nominations, the Foundation encourages nominees who bring:
· Age and gender diversity – individuals under 40 currently not represented on the Board
· Racial, ethnic and cultural diversity – communities of color are currently under represented.
· Consumer representation – persons with no professional affiliation with health related careers or services.
· Experience outside health/health care industry – such as K-12 Education, Finance, Banking, Law, Social Services and Community Development.
The Board of Directors is responsible for preserving the Foundation’s endowment and upholding the mission of addressing the unmet healthcare needs of Kentuckians. Nominations are being accepted for four seats on the Board of Directors:
· District 3 – candidates must reside in one of the following counties: Adair, Bell, Casey, Clay, Cumberland, Clinton, Estill, Jackson, Garrard, Green, Knox, Laurel, Lee, Leslie, Lincoln, Marion, McCreary, Metcalfe, Monroe, Nelson, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Russell, Taylor, Washington, Wayne, Whitley
· District 5 – candidates must reside in one of the following counties: Anderson, Boyle, Bourbon, Clark, Fayette, Franklin, Jessamine, Madison, Mercer, Scott, Woodford
· District 7– candidates must reside in one of the following counties: Boyd, Breathitt, Carter, Elliott, Floyd, Greenup, Harlan, Johnson, Knott, Lawrence, Letcher, Martin, Magoffin, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Powell, Rowan, Wolfe
· At-Large – nominations accepted from residents in any county in Kentucky.
The Foundation is also accepting CAC nominations in anticipation of electing nine new CAC members. CAC members provide advice and recommendations to the Board, serve as community liaisons, serve on Foundation committees, take part in the annual policy forum and appoint/nominate candidates to the Board of Directors.