Hazard man accused of sexual child abuse


By TJ Caudill - tcaudill@civitasmedia.com



HAZARD — A Hazard man is accused of engaging in sexual child abuse of two juveniles in order to prepare them for marriage.

Bobby Stacy, 47, of Hazard, was indicted last month on charges relating to sexual abuse of a child.

According to the indictment, he sexually abused two female juveniles in order to prepare them for marriage.

The indictment says the abuse started on August 26, 2004. According to the indictment, Stacy engaged in oral sex with an 11-year-old female.

According to the indictment, on two separate occasions after August 2004 but before August, 26, 2005, Stacy engaged in oral sex with the same female juvenile, who was now only 12 years old.

The indictments says on three separate occasions between January 2004 to January 2005, Stacy instructed a female juvenile to masturbate in front of him so he could observe and occassionally touch and kiss her in private areas. According to the indictment, the female juvenile was 11 years old at the time.

According to the indictment, Stacy attempted to engage in sexual activity with a minor in order to prepare the female for marriage. The indictment says the incident took place on August, 26, 2004.

The indictment says Stacy also attempted to engage in sexual activity with a 16-year-old female, and according to the indictment, he told the female he wanted to have sex with her in order to prepare her for marriage.

Stacy is facing charges of first-degree sodomy, first-degree sexual abuse, first-degree unlawful transaction with a minor and first-degree attempted unlawful transaction with a minor.

Bail was set in the amount of $100,000 cash in the case.

Stacy is scheduled for arraignment in the Perry County Circuit Court on April 20, 2017.

TJ Caudill is a reporter with The Hazard Herald and can be reached at 606-629-3245.

By TJ Caudill

tcaudill@civitasmedia.com

comments powered by Disqus