Last updated: November 08. 2013 3:06PM - 1239 Views
By - aholliday@civitasmedia.com



The Hazard Fire Department responded to an electrical fire at Hazard High School Friday afternoon. (photos by Amelia Holliday | Hazard Herald)
The Hazard Fire Department responded to an electrical fire at Hazard High School Friday afternoon. (photos by Amelia Holliday | Hazard Herald)
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

HAZARD—Students at Hazard High School were evacuated Friday afternoon after a dryer caught fire in one of the classrooms.


The Hazard Fire Department responded to a call at around 2 p.m. that a fire alarm had been activated in the building. Officials on the scene said the cause of the fire was electrical, adding that a loaded dryer in one of the classrooms had caught fire. Minor damage was reported to the building, and no one was injured.


Students were evacuated to The Forum; though they were allowed to go back into the building to retrieve their belongings and were instructed by officials with the fire department to stay in the gym until dismissal.


Superintendent Sandra Johnson said students would be dismissed at the regular time.


 
Comments
comments powered by Disqus


Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute