HAZARD — A small structure fire broke out at 121 Rowl Street in the Wabaco community of Hazard on Monday afternoon. Fire Chief Sam Stacy with the Hazard Fire Deparment said a call was received at 1:18 p.m.
Firefighters were on the scene by 1:22 p.m., Stacy said.
Stacy said there was a fire underneath a trailer that caused minimal damage. The cause of the fire was an electrical issue, he said, and no injuries were sustained.
“We turned it back over to the homeowner,” Stacy said. “We told them that they needed to have an electrician check it out prior to turning the electricity back on.”
Firefighters did remove some insulation from beneath the trailer, he said.
Stacy said no further issues were reported at the residence as of Tuesday morning.
Mindy Miller can be reached at 606-436-5771 or on Twitter @HazardHerald.